Whitney Bly Edwards
Whitney Bly Edwards is an Associate Attorney. Prior to joining the firm, she interned for The Honorable Amy Totenberg for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and The Honorable Dax E. López for the State Court of DeKalb County. Before becoming an attorney, she worked as an Assistant Professor of English with specialization in Caribbean and African-American Literature. As a Woodruff Scholar at Mercer University School of Law, she was a member of the Law Review and served as Vice President and President of the Black Law Students Association.
- Mercer University School of Law, J.D., 2017
- Honors: cum laude
- Activities: Law Review; President, Black Law Students Association
- Howard University, Ph.D., 2009
- Honors: High Honor; Dissertation defended with distinction
- Howard University, M.A., 2004
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Activities: President, Graduate English Student Association
- Fisk University, B.A., 2001
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Georgia Bar, 2017
- Georgia State and Superior Courts
- Georgia Supreme Court and Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
Professional or Trade Affiliations/Memberships
- Georgia Association for Black Women Attorneys
- Gate City Bar Association
- Officers Without Borders: Georgia Court of Appeals Expands Campus Police Jurisdiction and Authority in State v. Zilke, 67 Mercer L. Rev. 769 (Winter 2016).
- Psychoanalysis in Caribbean Literature, Routledge Companion to Anglophone Caribbean Literature, 314 (Michael Bucknor & Alison Donnell, eds., 1st ed. 2011).