Derrick L. Bingham
Derrick Bingham is a Partner and has practiced at Owen, Gleaton since 2004. His practice includes defending governmental entities and officials, individuals, and business entities against a variety of claims, including violation of civil rights, automobile accidents, premises liability, insurance disputes, and employment matters, in state and federal courts. Derrick’s appellate practice includes advising clients of appellate options; orchestrating appeals from beginning to end; drafting amicus briefs; and defending in appellate courts hard-won favorable results from the trial court level.
Derrick has been selected as a Rising Star by Georgia Super Lawyers magazine for 5 of the last 6 years. No more than 2.5 percent of the state’s lawyers receive this honor each year.
- Georgia State University, College of Law; J.D., magna cum laude; 2004
- Law Review, Associate Editor
- Note, "The Meaning of Fifth and Sixth Amendment Rights: Sentencing in Federal Drug Cases After Apprendi v. New Jersey and Harris v. United States," 20 Ga. St. U. L. Rev. 723, was published in 2004.
- Liberty University; B.S., summa cum laude; 2001
- Georgia state trial and appellate courts
- Tennessee state trial and appellate courts
- United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court, Southern District of Georgia
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, Middle District of Tennessee
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Professional or Trade Affiliations/Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association