Stephen H. Sparwath
Since 1986, Mr. Sparwath’s practice has focused solely on civil litigation in the fields of professional liability, premises liability, product liability, and general personal injury defense. Throughout that time, he has defended physicians, nurses, hospitals, and all other healthcare providers in medical malpractice and wrongful death cases, as well as universities and national corporations in premises liability and other personal injury cases. He has successfully defended his clients in both federal and state courts throughout the Southeast. He has served as Regional Counsel for national corporations, and since 2011 has served as Regional Counsel for Home Depot U.S.A., Inc. defending its stores in personal injury lawsuits in Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, and Alabama.
Mr. Sparwath has been repeatedly named as a Georgia Super Lawyer in the field of Professional Liability Defense and has been selected by his peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America in the fields of Insurance Law and Personal Injury Defense. He has been asked to give numerous seminars to hospital employees and physicians on multiple claim-related professional liability topics and has spoken at CLE seminars on professional and premises liability topics.
- Emory University, 1979-1983
- Catholic University School of Law, 1983-1986
- Top 10% of class
- Georgia Bar, admitted 11/7/1986
- Georgia Court of Appeals, admitted 11/7/1986
- Georgia Supreme Court, admitted 10/18/2011
- United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia, admitted 8/31/1988
- United States District Court, Middle District of Georgia, admitted 11/17/1987
Professional or Trade Affiliations/Memberships
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- Georgia Super Lawyer in the field of Professional Liability Defense
- Best Lawyers in America in the field of Insurance Law and Personal Injury Defense