Kathleen W. Simcoe
Kathleen Simcoe is an AV Preeminent rated lawyer and senior attorney in the firm’s insurance defense, health care liability, and litigation practice groups. Her practice focuses on medical malpractice, health care law, premises liability,employment, and related corporate matters in state and federal courts. She has extensive experience representing emergency physicians, hospitalists, physician assistants, practice groups, health care corporations, and other health care professionals in professional negligence actions. She is also actively involved in advising health care organizations concerning general risk management issues and in handling pre-litigation claims. Ms. Simcoe’s practice includes regulatory defense of health care providers before Georgia licensing boards.
Ms. Simcoe first entered practice as a prosecutor for the Florida State Attorney's Office, she handled her own jury trial case load in addition to serving as Division Chief. Later, she established her own firm handling all aspects of civil and criminal litigation. Since joining the Georgia Bar in 2007, she has focused her practice on insurance defense. She is admitted to practice in all Georgia and Florida state courts, United States District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia, and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- University of Florida, J.D.
- University of Florida, B.S.
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U. S. District Court for the Northern and Middle Districts
Professional or Trade Affiliations/Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Florida
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Lawyer: Peer reviewed, highest rating. http://www.martindale.com/Kathleen-W-Simcoe/168797492-lawyer.htm
- Professional Liability Issues for Physician Assistants, Emory University School of Medicine, Physician Assistant Program, 2016, 2015, 2014
- Professional Liability Issues in the Practice of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Piedmont Healthcare, Department of Women and Newborn Services Faculty Conference, 2016.