G. McCrary "Mike" Heitman
Mike has extensive experience handling numerous complex construction cases involving both public and private projects. He represents plaintiffs and defendants in federal and state courts, administrative agencies, governmental tribunals, arbitration proceedings, and before Dispute Resolution Boards.
Prior to practicing law, Mike worked as an engineer, estimator, and project manager. His experience gives him the necessary construction and engineering background to understand the complex issues of construction cases.
Mike recently joined Owen Gleaton and maintains an office in Florida. Learn more about his practice here.
- University of Alabama, School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Samford University, M.B.A., 2005
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S. in Civil Engineering, 1992
- Florida Bar, 2005
- All state courts of Florida
- Texas Bar
- All state courts of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Professional Engineer
- Certified General Contractor
- Florida Bar Board Certified in Construction Law
Professional or Trade Affiliations/Memberships
- Associated General Contractors of America
- Florida Engineering Society
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- National Society of Professional Engineers
Boy Scouts of America, Eagle Scout
Peace Corps Volunteer (Kenya) 1992-1994