David V. Hayes
David Hayes is a litigator, corporate lawyer and lobbyist. As a litigator, David represents medical professionals, national retailers, publicly traded companies and governmental entities in state and federal courts across the Southeast. As a corporate lawyer, David advises corporate leaders on restructuring, strategic planning and corporate governance. David has a particular interest in assisting international companies with their entrance into the U.S. market and has set up U.S. subsidiaries for numerous foreign companies. As a lobbyist, David assists clients with public policy strategies and represents their interests at various governmental levels.
Originally from Birmingham, Alabama, David obtained his B.A. degree from Samford University and is a graduate of the Cumberland School of Law. During law school, David was an editor on the American Journal of Trial Advocacy and served on the Trial Advocacy Board. Prior to law school, David worked in Washington D.C. on Capitol Hill and in the Legislative Affairs Division of the National Rifle Association. Following law school, David was awarded the Sir Edward Coke Scholarship to pursue an LL.M. in international business and commercial law at the University of East Anglia in Norwich, England.
David is admitted to practice law in Georgia and Alabama. He is involved in the Young Lawyers Division of the American Bar Association, the Georgia Bar Association and the Atlanta Bar Association and has served in various elected and appointed leadership positions in each organization. David is also a graduate of the Georgia Bar Association’s Leadership Academy. In addition, David is a member of the French American Chamber of Commerce, the British American Business Group and a board member of the World Affairs Council of Atlanta Young Leaders.
- University of East Anglia, Norwich, England, LL.M., 2011
- International Business and Commercial Law
- Sir Edward Coke Scholarship
- Cumberland School of Law, J.D., 2010
- American Journal of Trial Advocacy, Associate Editor
- National Negotiation Team, Member
- Trial Advocacy Board, Member
- Samford University, Political Science, 2006
- Student Government Association, Senator
- Sigma Chi Fraternity
- Alabama State Bar, 2010
- Georgia State Bar, 2011
- Northern and Southern Federal Districts Courts, Georgia
- Northern Federal District Court, Alabama
Professional or Trade Affiliations/Memberships
- DRI: Medical Liability and Healthcare Law Committee, Young Lawyer Liaison.
- State Bar of Georgia: Leadership Academy Graduate, Young Lawyer’s Division Executive Committee.
- American Bar Association: Young Lawyers Division, Associate Judge.
- Atlanta Bar Association: Atlanta Council of Young Lawyers Executive Committee Member.
- Eagle International Associates.
- Compelling Non-signatories to Arbitration, For The Defense (DRI), February 2014.
- Browning v. U.S.: Is A Court’s Refusal to Give a Jury Instruction Regarding Pretext in an Employment Discrimination Case Reversible Error?, 33 Am. J. Trial Advoc. 233 (2009).
- World Affairs Council of Atlanta: Young Leaders, Executive Board Member.